As Father's Day approaches, I get many emails asking for my opinions about which gifts for father's would be most appropriate. Of course I always reply that they're the ones who will be getting the gift anyway, so why not find something fun and unique that they might use? So today I'm going to share some ideas for unique Father's Day gifts for him. This is by no means an exhaustive list of gifts for men - just some ideas to get you started.
- Neckties. While "old-fashioned" old-fashioned gifts for men have always been a safe bet, give the men in your life a modern twist by giving them a contemporary accessory: a necktie. Whether they're on a business trip or out of town for work, a modern necktie is always welcome as a gift, and one that will be sported with pride.
- Money clips. These little money clips are a terrific idea for Father's Day, and they're great gifts for Dad, too! Most men are unaccustomed to wearing money clips, so this will be a memorable Father's Day for them. Some men even shy away from wearing money clips because they're afraid they'll look silly sporting a silver neck tie, but this simply isn't the case. If you know a man well enough to pick his clothes for the office, or if you know of a friend who's smart enough to know the proper suits for the office, then give him money clips in those colors. And if you don't want to give your man neckties, consider giving him cuff links instead.
- Groomsmen gifts. As the men in your life, you obviously aren't expected to give a gift to your fellow brothers each year; Father's Day is the time for you to let your fellow groomsmen know that you value their friendship. You can purchase personalized groom's items such as barware, golf clubs, shaving gear, or sports equipment for the big day, and if you're feeling particularly creative you can even design your own unique groomsmen gifts! Unique jewelry pieces and even handbags are ideal groomsmen gifts, since you'll be sure to show that you care about your attendants on their special day.
- Gifts for the office. Your co-workers can be tough to buy for at times, but when they deserve a little recognition it can be hard to find something that's thoughtful and appropriate. Many companies offer corporate gifts ranging from free desktops to a business-sized refrigerator, so keep an eye out for those opportunities. You might also check to see if your company has a history of appreciation plaques, and you may want to buy a couple of them for each member of your team to recognize their special days.
- Sports gifts. Sure, most guys won't be excited about receiving golf clubs, but you might want to consider giving the pro to do his rounds or get some exercise with the boys from time to time. There are all kinds of sports gifts available, from pajamas to golf bags, so if you need to choose something a bit more stylish you might want to turn to a specialty store. And if you have some top athletes in your circle of friends you might want to look into personalized gifts for men, including jerseys and caps.
- Gifts for the bedroom. Guys tend to spend a lot of time in the bedroom, so finding gifts to give them there should be relatively easy. Think about items like bedding, towels, and cologne--they're all easy to spot and useful around the bed. If you have a special guy in your life, consider giving him a spa treatment with a little privacy and some great after-party rewards. You can also consider giving a gift certificate to a local gym or other place of relaxation, or a night out with friends.
The final category that falls within the gift categories described above is gifts for the work place. Whether you work with men or women, this is a great place to find gifts for men. There are plenty of options for desk accessories, such as paperweights, notebooks, and even pens. Some people enjoy getting business card cases because they make great holders for business cards. Other gifts for the office can include sticky pads for the computer monitor and USB flash drives--these can come in handy if you need to carry important documents with you.